WHY SHOULD YOU ENROLL IN A DRAMA STUDIO?
Because it’s useful and fun! To make new friends and develop self-confidence, to become freer. It develops creativity and imagination, resourcefulness, and responsibility. The secrets of theater are revealed!
Theater education is extremely useful for socialization, developing communication skills, and personality development. During a play, children practice for life in the real world in a protected environment.
Drama groups perform their plays at Tirenafest and children and youth festivals, and regularly participate in SKAZ and ASSITEJ festivals for professionally directed theater groups.
Members of our drama studio participated in European theater meetings in Finland, Israel, Russia, Hungary, Belgium, Turkey, Great Britain, Switzerland and Denmark, as well as in Erasmus+ projects Bina Mira, Future Telling…
- 2020. – Recognition for innovative activity achieved through the creation and design of a drama studio ‘at a distance’ as an alternative way of working in pandemic conditions; our studio received this recognition from the Croatian Center for Dramatic Education
- 2019. – Maja Sviben received the “Zvjezdana Ladika” award for her drama pedagogical work on the play “Invisible Cities” at the 21st ASSITEJ festival of professionally directed theater groups
- 2018. – Ines Škuflić-Horvat received the CROATIAN CENTER FOR DRAMA EDUCATION award for her continuous contribution to the development of drama and theater pedagogy and education in Croatia
- Award for the best play, best text, and best male role at the 37th SKAZ Festival
- Award for the best Croatian amateur play at the 53rd FHKA
DRAMA GROUPS FOR CHILDREN AGED 6 – 11
Development of speech expression, imagination, perception and expressiveness. Recognizing and expressing emotions. Developing social skills and communication skills. Acquisition of theatrical conventions. Dramatization and development of a story. Role-playing. Improvisations. Teamwork in acting tasks. Preparation of public performances.
DRAMA GROUPS FOR CHILDREN AGED 12 – 15
Work on stage movement, voice, and speech. Developing creativity, immersion in a story, and expression. Development of group dynamics, communication, and partnerships. Acquisition of theatrical concepts. Working on text, character, and role. Creation of stories through plays and improvisations. Preparation and performance of production/play.
DRAMA WORKSHOPS FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL PUPILS AND STUDENTS
Work on voice and body expression. Exercises in imagination and sensory memory. Work on stage speech. Development of critical thinking, creativity and stage presence. Improvisations. Work on acting techniques, working with a partner and in a group, playing together, preparing for auditions. Joint preparation and creation of a play/performance or staging of a written text.
Intensive program: voice and stage movement workshops, physical theater, work on text (monolog, recitation) and playwriting.